Ok I didn’t get much progress these last few days other than just farming Ahune and burning blossoms, and doing some AH. Who know
stock dust flipping could be so profitable?
It’s been almost a month since my last inventory post, so I’m going to update my character list with their new levels and iLevels.
- Gerana, level 85 night elf druid. Spec: restoration. Balance for questing. ILevel: 381.
- Suroe, level 85 human death knight. Spec: blood. Unholy for questing. ILevel: 381.
- Zarama, level 85 human mage. Spec: arcane. Frost for questing. ILevel: 378.
- Elang, level 85 human priest. Spec: discipline. ILevel:
- Benume, level
8485 night elf druid. Spec: feral (bear), feral (cat). ILevel: 359.
- Delima, level
8485 human rogue. Spec: combat. ILevel: 324.
- Urumba, level 85 tauren shaman. Spec: restoration. Elemental for questing. ILevel: 376
- Xarto, level 85 undead warlock. Spec: demonology. ILevel:
- Velone, level 85 blood elf paladin. Spec: protection, holy. ILevel:
375376 (holy), 365370 (protection).
- Harja, level 71 orc hunter. Spec: beast mastery
- Yelna, level 70 blood elf priest. Spec: holy
- Radum, level 70 tauren druid. Spec: restoration / balance.
- Tugar, level 70 orc death knight. Spec: unholy.
As you can see, the biggest progress is in gearing up and leveling up the last trio: priest, druid, rogue.
On the other news, since all gold-sink mounts will be account bound, I’m thinking that maybe I can buy a couple of them and have all my toons share access to the mounts. There are a few to choose from, each having their own features and “coolness” factor. I’m going to list them and my thoughts on each:
- Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth. Cost: 20k, 16k if you’re exalted with Kirin Tor (which I think one of my toons is). Pros: Cheap. Comes with vendor and repair, and can seat up to three people. Perfect for a triboxer. Cons: the vendor only sells up to level 80 food and drink. No indication whether this would be updated in Mists, most likely no. Also, it does not fly. I thought this was going to be a deal breaker, but apparently many of the mounts in this list also do not fly, which is a shame.
- Grand Expedition Yak. Cost: 60k, doesn’t seem like any reputation discount would apply. There are some reports that guild perk discounts would cause it to go down all the way to 54k, but still very expensive. Pros: Comes with a repair vendor that sells level 90 food and rink, and a reforger. How often do I need to reforge really? Also can seat up to three people. Cons: 60k. Enough said.
- Mechano-hog / Mekgineer’s chopper. Cost: depending on market, but I estimate it to be around 12-15k. Pros: Cheap. Style factor. Also smaller than mammoths, so it would actually fit into small doorways. This was a huge deal back in Dalaran, but I don’t know about the doors in Pandaria. Cons: can only fit two people. Annoying chopper sound. Does not fly.
- Sandstone Drake. Cost: depending on market, but I’ve bought one for 25k which is below vendor mat cost. Pros: you become the dragon itself, so huge style factor. Cons: can only fit two people.
- Grand Ice Mammoth. Cost: 10k, but with exalted discount and guild perk, goes down to 7k. Pros: dirt cheap. Can fit three people. Cons: Does not fly. No vendors.
- Ice Mammoth. Cost: 800 gold at exalted. I’m not gonna comment on this one since I have it already.
- Jeweled Onyx Panther. Cost: 2 million gold for the onyx, and 500k for the other colors. Umm kthxbai.
- Cloud Serpents. Right now there’s not much information on it, so I can’t comment too much.
As you can see, in order to narrow down the choices, I have to ask the following questions:
- Do I want a reforger? Most likely no, since I don’t get new gear that often.
- Do I want a vendor? It’s 7/10 on the scale of necessity. It’s not crucial but can be helpful.
- 3 people ground mount vs 2 people flying mount? This is the toughest choice. Most likely I’ll just end up getting both. The 3 people ground mount would help during leveling process or things like Tol Barad dailies. The 2 people flying mount would help transport a lowbie from point A to point B, although there are otherwaysto do that. Blizzard has indicated that Have Group Will Travel will be replaced by something else, and they have not changed their stance since. So 2 people flying mount will be more necessary than before.
Verdict: the current plan is to get both Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth and Sandstone Drakes. This way each toon will have insta-access to vendors, 3 seater, and a flying 2 seater for the purpose of transporting lowbies.